The Mahomet Area Youth Club
Statement of Values
The MAYC Board of Directors and Staff will:
- Provide area youth a safe and nurturing environment of enjoyment and challenge
- Teach respect for cultural and economic differences present in the American way of life reflecting the principals of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights
- Train area youth in the responsibility and privilege of service to others and to the community
- Provide leadership training for area youth, staff and club supporters
- Support the family Unit with a value based and inclusive program
- Provide full club program services to all community youth with the full extent of Club resources
- Remain responsive to the community values and needs
The Mahomet Area Youth Club was established in 1994 as a satellite unit of the Don Moyers Boys and Girls Club. As a result of financial constraints in 2003, the Mahomet branch was slated for closure. Concerned about serving the youth of the community, a group of dedicated individuals, community leaders, and school administrators set a goal to keep the doors open. A new organization was formed and the Mahomet Area Youth Club was officially recognized as a registered 501(c)3 non profit youth organization in 2004.
Since that time, MAYC has been a community supported youth development program, dedicated to serving children between the ages of 6-18, who reside in Mahomet and the surrounding areas.