HELP US MOVE MAYC
Mahomet Area Youth Club is moving, but we need your help!
Mahomet Area Youth Club is planning to relocate to 700 W. Main Street in Mahomet. We’re extremely excited about the potential of our new facility, so we can potentially serve more youth in the Mahomet area and serve them more effectively.
As part of the move, A.T.L.A.S will continue to benefit from the availability of the MAYC facility during school hours for life skills programming for adults with special needs, ensuring that the building will be a resource that gets extensive use throughout the year.
Some of the benefits of the new facility include:
- Additional space in order to create more age group appropriate programming.
- Larger eat-in kitchen for family-style meals and meal preparation for youth at the facility to help with fellowship and life skills.
- Bigger clubhouse space for large group activities, games, and club meetings to increase participation and social skills.
- Increased safety as we move into a residential neighborhood with less traffic.
- Better access to parks and green space that are within walking distance of the facility to help youth improve their physical activity and health.
- Expanded basketball court and more extensive playground equipment to increase usage and enjoyment levels of youth attending the club.
While much of the cost to relocate will be covered by the sale of the existing MAYC property, we are still in need of $50,000 to help us complete the relocation. The capital funds that are needed will help with structural updates, ADA compliance, fencing, and other required updates to get the facility ready for programming.
We hope that you will consider donating to the youth club for this one-time campaign called Move MAYC! Every donation helps. We are hopeful that we can be in our new building before summer programming starts in June.
We look forward to your support!
Thank you to Matt Difanis, RE/MAX Realty Associates for this great video showcasing our new space.
BUILDING SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Room Sponsors (Limited to one sponsor/group for the life of the building) – Dedicated plaque on the wall at the new facility, dedicated plaque to put at the sponsor’s location in recognition of the donation, recognition at the building dedication ceremony, and inclusion of the sponsor in any marketing or promotion in regards to the capital campaign.
- Learning Library sponsored by Darrin and Lindsey Peters – This room will be our library room. It will be available for quiet time, reading books, putting together puzzles, and small group meetings.
- Creativity Corner sponsored by Blair-Owens Funeral Home in Mahomet and Owens Funeral Home in Champaign in memory of Jim Yost – Although called a corner, this full room will house our Legos. It will be available for youth to construct Legos, complete crafts, and use their creativity to build with a variety of materials.
- Imagination Laboratory Sponsor – $5,000 – This room will be a group game room where children can use their imaginations while having accesses to a Wii, board games, and interactive group activities.
Business Sponsor – $1,000 – Recognition at the building dedication ceremony, listing on our website thanking donors, Facebook promotion recognizing the businesses’ contribution, and recognition on signage inside the club.
Thank you to our current business sponsors:
- Singleton Law Firm, P.C.
- Matt Difanis, RE/MAX Realty Associates
- Darwyn Boston State Farm Agency
- Fisher National Bank
- John and Judy Busey
- First State Bank of Forrest
- Mahomet Car Connection
Family Donation – $500 – Recognition at the building dedication ceremony and thank you recognition on signage inside the club.
Move MAYC Wish List
- Select time and materials – Donated by Jody Wesley, President US PRO
- Playground equipment, installation, and concrete – Donated by Dig-It Excavation
- 2 ADA compliant faucets, 2 sinks, 2 ADA compliant toilets – Donated by Lanz Heating & Cooling, Inc.
- Fencing material and install – 290’ of privacy fencing
- Mulch – 800 cubic feet – Donated by Sunset Landscaping and Trees, Inc.
- Locks and installation of locks for interior doors – Dontated by John and Doris Lawyer
- 300 square feet of ceramic tile for the restrooms and utility area – Donated by LuLaRoe Fundraiser
- Electrician to help run wire, install smoke alarms, and monitoring – Donated by F.E. Moran Security Solutions
- Security firm to provide camera system, wiring, and monitoring – Donated by F.E. Moran Security Solutions
- Lumber and construction of the ADA ramp
- Blocks for relocation of sheds – Donated by Kirchner Building Centers
- Truck and labor for relocating church pews – Donated by Reynolds Towing
- Moving labor, truck, and services – Donated by Dan Shunk at Two Men and Truck
- Cubbies for youth to store their backpacks and personal items when they enter the club – Donated by Mahomet-Seymour School Foundation
- Three dehumidifiers
Via PayPal or GivingWise